Tue, 09 Jan|
PEOPLE PLANET PLACE
Laughter yoga with Gabriela D. Spencer - January
Discover laughter yoga - and no, it's not as silly as it sounds. Laughter yoga is a fun and relaxing way to release stress and get into our bodies. Beat the winter blues with a laughter work-out!
Time & Location
09 Jan 2024, 20:00 – 21:30
PEOPLE PLANET PLACE, Rue Emmanuel Van Driessche 9, 1050 Ixelles, Belgium
About the Event
Join this 1.5 hour introduction to laughter yoga to practice intentional laughter and increase your wellbeing.
Did you know that your laughter is a powerful wellbeing tool, enabling you to reduce stress and anxiety? Or that laughter is a form of mild exercise? When you laugh you actually support both your mental and physical health.
What can you expect in this laughter yoga session?
- You will laugh, by following proven laughter yoga exercises
- Breathing exercises to catch your breath
- Laughter meditation (yes, it's a thing)
- Guided relaxation
- Good mood: Your body will create endorphins, serotonin and dopamine, which sustain your mood and your emotional wellbeing
- You will feel good, activated and then relaxed
- You will let go of tension from your body
- You will experience that child-like playfulness that adults so often miss, due to too much seriousness
- You will experience positive emotions, such as joy, gratitude and connection
The workshop will be held in the Studio at PEOPLE PLANET PLACE, a large open space ideal for moving around.
Wear comfortable clothes you can move in. The workshop will take place barefoot or in socks. Bring a water bottle. We have Pilates mats for the meditation part.
Pay on the night by cash or QR code. Recommended price 20-30 euro. Please reserve your place so we can manage the numbers.
Read more at https://gabrieladspencer.com/laughter-yoga.